Quick update
Evenin' all.
Just a quick update.
Someone asked for a Unit composition for the North African campaign, and so here it is.
Shout out to master anorak Malcolm Bellis for producing such comprehensive reference books. I've been poring over them all day.
Enjoy!
Hi can anyone assist in a query on markings of British tanks post Dunkirk in on the south coast of the UK in 1940.
ReplyDeleteAm I correct in saying that if I was to have say of 3 RTR the markings would be as follows
Green square with 9 in white at the centre in the middle of the lower from and rear hull.
On the turret sides and front top right hull in the HQ troop there would be a yellow diamond with 9 in it. Each tank in this troop would have either A , B or C against a white 9 in the yellow triangle.
In the first troop there would be a yellow triangle with 9 in the centre and again either A , B or C for each tank in the troop.
Then the second troop being a yellow square and the fourth bring a yellow circle.
Have I got this right?
Thanks I’ll await your reply 👍